What is Wordcamp?
WordCamp is a conference that focuses on everything WordPress. WordCamps are informal, community-organized events that are put together by WordPress users. Everyone from casual users to core developers participate, share ideas, and get to know each other.
What is my presentation at WordCamp Jacksonville?
In the first real segment of my professional career I was a web designer with a focus on creating attractive looking websites that were effective in search engine ranking and acquiring leads.
My presentation, WordPress Dev for the Rockstar Professional, was developed by taking the most valuable tips that I’ve acquired through my web design career and sharing it with other aspiring professionals in efforts to help them elevate their game. As the current Digital Director of Rock My Image, my focus is directing talented designers and developers to produce excellent web projects.
In my presentation I share 5 Strategic Tips to
- Increase Your Profits
- Ensure Your Clients are Happy
- Operate as a Rockstar Professional
5 Strategic Tips of WordPress Dev for the Rockstar Professional Overview
- Set the Stage – Tips for developing successful relationships with your clients and producing great results.
- Be BOLD or Pack it Up – Tips for distinguishing yourself as unique in the sea of competitors
- Know Your Audience – Tips for communicating with your audience on what they want, not what people like you want.
- Nurture Fans – Tips for developing an experience that goes above & beyond the normal web design approach.
- Plan for an Encore – Tips for creating plans to build revenue and increase your value with your clients.
I created an assessment that you can take to score how you measure up as a WordPress Rockstar Professional » Free Download.
In the presentation I go more in depth and give specific ideas and actions to implement.
My Wordcamp Jacksonville, 2016 Track
Below I’ve selected a few presentations from the schedule based on my personal interests. However there are many more presentations as listed below so be sure to check out the full schedule. https://2016.jacksonville.wordcamp.org/schedule/
Saturday, April 16
- 9:50 am – Turning Your WordPress Blog into an eBook for Fame and Profit* – Lisa Melegari
- 10:40 am – From Generalist to Specialist: How to be successful by nailing down a design niche – Derek Hart
- 11:30 am – WordPress Dev for the Rockstar Professional – Kenny Harper ***
- 1:40 pm – Accessibility: Empathy in action – Robert Jolly
- 4:10 pm – Branding: The precursor to design, marketing, and development – Karen Dimmick
Sunday, April 17
- 10:20 am – How to Delight Your Customers with WordPress: 10 ways to use inbound marketing to build your business – Nicki Hicks
- 11:10 am – Moving up the Food Chain: Finding and landing 5 and 6-figure projects – Bill Gadless
- 1:30 pm – Connection + Education + Inspiration Equals: My journey into community – Kathy Drewien
- 4:00 pm – Creating Content Strategies for WordPress – Angelica Yarde
Why should I care about WordPress?
WordPress is the leading CMS (Content Management System) with a majority of businesses & entrepreneurs leveraging it’s capabilities to power their websites. Regardless of if you’re a web designer or not, gaining knowledge of it’s capabilities can be very empowering.
I’d like to give a HUGE Shout out to the WordPress Jacksonville Organizers : Frank Corso, Stephanie Brinley, Karena Lenore Kreger, Daniel Isler & Elizabeth Pampalone!
What WordPress knowledge would you add to your knowledge arsenal?