The Five Key Habits for Amplified Business Success
Perhaps the most important key habit is to have the right attitude.
The right, can-do, driven, abundant mindset, positive, action-oriented attitude that takes ownership, accountability and responsibility for committing to the plan and making it a priority to take the most important actions on a regular basis.
- Gauge your Attitude on a scale of 1-10.
- Do you have blocks, doubts, blame, fear or denial holding you back?
- What actions can you take to amplify your attitude?
While having a great attitude is vital, having the discipline to do the most important actions even when we don’t feel like it or want to is imperative to plow through ROCKs.
- Gauge your Discipline on a scale of 1-10.
- Do you make excuses, procrastinate, put busy-work first, or take the path of least resistance?
- What actions can you take to strengthen your discipline?
3) Time Management
Time management is another habit one must master in order to achieve higher levels of success. Time is our most valuable asset that we can not get more of so we must utilize it to it’s maximum to be as efficient as possible.
- Gauge your Time Management on a scale of 1-10.
- Do you procrastinate, not delegate, not prioritize, spend time doing not important items, always put other’s agendas in front of your own or let others control your time?
- What actions can you take to increase your time management effectiveness?
4) Consistent Persistence
When you decide to achieve a goal, you should cut off all other options other than achieving your goal. Commit to achieving you goal with Consistent Persistence. Many people fail to achieve their goals by putting forth partial effort or giving up prior to achieving their goals. When you apply consistent persistence, regardless of setbacks, failures, challenges or obstacles, it’s only a matter of time before you achieve your goal.
- Gauge your Persistence on a scale of 1-10.
- Do you tend to take the path of least resistance, give up when things get hard, get distracted by other agendas?
- What actions can you take to increase your persistence?
5) Growth Focused
Everything you are doing is either moving you towards your goals or away from them. You are going up or going down. Nothing is constant for long. When you are growth-focused, you are consistently aiming to improve your skills, beliefs, habits and strengths to empower you to achieve your goals. You ensure your actions are empowering you to grow on a regular basis.
- Gauge your Growth Focus on a scale of 1-10.
- Are you reading, studying, practicing, pushing, focusing, learning and honing your skills on a regular basis?
- What actions can you take to increase your growth focus?
Amplifying Your Habits
Now that you have an initial rating for each of the five habits, add them together then divide by 5.
How did you score?
Review the actions that you can take to improve in each area and aim to improve each of the five habits by one number.
It’s important to do this on a regular basis. If we do not continually reflect and take actions to improve our habits we can easily find ourselves going in reverse and loosing skills.
By keeping this focus, through time you will have the right attitude, discipline, consistent persistence, time management and growth focus to be an unstoppable Growth Amplifier.